Research for Rabo Group and announcement of the very first AgClinic workshop
Updated: Apr 1, 2019
AgLab, AgConnect and AgInvest are the three pillars of the ThinkAg Network. With two AgLab events and success stories of innovator-corporate matchmaking, AgLab will continue to focus on accelerating innovation through partnerships. With AgConnect, ThinkAg will focus on knowledge dissemination and thought leadership through publications and research reports. AgConnect will also have workshops and learning sessions called AgClinics. For this month, we have two exciting announcements focused on AgConnect.
1. Partnership with MSC (earlier Microsave) for a study for Rabobank on the role of innovations in farmer financing
ThinkAg partnering with MSC (earlier Microsave) for a study for Rabobank on role of innovations in farmer financing
The objective of the study include
- Understanding the role of lenders in adopting agtech/fintech into their new distribution models to reach farmers by integrating agri data (provided by technology based solutions)
- Study of business models adopted by various agtech start-ups in collecting, analyzing and monetizing data for the purpose of improving access to finance to farmers with focus on small holder farmers.
- New engagement models arising around new technology to look specifically at the enabling access to finance
2. AgClinic: Value Chain Financing
We believe that value chain financing is a key gap in the Indian agriculture sector. Many agtech startups can immensely benefit with access to such capital. These startups could also be partners to NBFCs to act as a bridge for farmers, farmer groups and FPOs. We are hosting a workshop with startups, NBFCs and other finance intermediaries to discuss value chain financing and how to access it. ThinkAg’s partner Sammunati, a NBFC that has demonstrated models of value chain finance will also be involved in conducting the workshop in May 2019 in Mumbai.
Needed, a vision document for agriculture
Lastly check out this article by ThinkAg’s director and co-founder Mr. Kaundinya, which makes a case for charting the course for improving yield, profits and credit flow will go a long way in mitigating agricultural distress
We look forward to an action-packed month of activities that will accelerate innovation in agriculture and food in India. Watch this space for more!